GreeneStone is a private residential addiction treatment facility. The facility is nestled in Bala, Ontario just two hours north of Toronto. Residents have come to GreeneStone from across Canada. GreeneStone is known for its best in class holistic treatment approach and its tranquil setting. Although, the typical length program is 45 days residents have stayed at the facility for up to 12 months because of its healing community.
Once residents have completed their treatment program at GreeneStone they become Alumni members. Alumni members who are active in their continuing care continue to make healthy lifestyle changes and continue to transform their lives. Alumni members participate in Alumni and recovery events and become mentors and supports to those who struggle with their recovery. Alumni members become role models for those in the recovery community.
GreeneStone is located in a resort like setting in scenic Muskoka, Ontario. The surroundings and amenities offered on the property is an ideal place where you can heal, rest and recover while under the care of a multidisciplinary team of skilled and experienced professionals. Our physician, nurse practitioners, psychologist, therapists (spiritual, trauma, clinical), nurses, clinical associates and physical fitness experts work collaboratively to produce the best treatment outcomes for you.
“Our mission is to care for individuals in a dignified, respectful manner while offering expert, evidence-based, holistic care. We strive to lessen the suffering for those individuals as soon as possible and provide comfort for their loved ones who struggle to deal with their addiction. We are able to do this because we combine a quiet and comfortable living environment with a staff of exceptionally well-qualified professionals and dedicated caring staff.”
Why GreeneStone Muskoka’s RESIDENTAL Addiction/Mental Health Program Stands Apart
- Interventions can be coordinated through our intake department for families that require support prior to admission.
- Integrated service mission that is dedicated to treat the resident as a whole being and believes in recovery not just treatment of an addiction.
- Upon admission, all residents are assessed by professionals of the multidisciplinary team to develop an overall holistic treatment plan.
- Our team of best in class experts (physician, nurses, therapists and clinical associates) is equipped to effectively manage and support residents who have co-occurring disorders such as: depression, anxiety and trauma along with their addictions
- Families and others that are integral to the residents’ recovery are encouraged to participate for continued success
- Treatment approaches, programs, and techniques are provided that are unique to the resident’s needs, which are supported by evidence-based scientific literature.
- GreeneStone is a unique facility that is inviting and non- institutionalized for one’s healing and recovery process.
- We value a client centered approach, embracing diversity, honoring privacy, and people’s need for autonomy and independence
- We value a respectful and non-judgmental attitude to people and to addictions
- We value treatment that is in accord with a person’s personal beliefs recognizing that bolstering hope, courage and trust are integral factors in recovery
- We value excellence in care based on evidence based treatments
- We value a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team approach that is practical and results oriented
- We value a seamless full continuum of care including interventions, in-house medical stabilizing unit, treatment for co-occurring disorders and aftercare support
- We value inclusion of the person’s primary supports including family, friends or others who are the individual’s core team support