Know what to Expect when arriving to Greenestone Muskoka
Once an admission date is set, we are able to arrange a transportation service, at an additional cost to the Client, if necessary. Upon arrival, the Client and accompaniment will enter the GreeneStone gates where they will be greeted by our Front Office Administrator, Joanne.
Joanne will process the final admission paperwork and escort the Client and relative or friend to our nursing department. At this time, family and friends will be asked to say their Goodbye’s and our nursing department will then take over the admission process.
What to Bring
- Photo ID – Driver’s license, Work or School ID
- Health Card
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription Cards (BRING ALL CARDS)
- Prescribed medication – in original containers
- All medications will be turned over to medical staff for monitoring
- Over the counter medications and supplements
- A list of medications with dosages and frequencies preferable printed directly from your pharmacy
- A list of all treating physicians and psychiatrists, along with phone numbers
- Appropriate and comfortable clothing for 1-2 weeks (Laundry facilities & detergent are provided)
- Weather appropriate clothing (Remember to layer for Fall/Winter months)
- Appropriate clothes for recreation, exercise and yoga – sweats, sneakers, shorts, t-shirts, bathing suites
- Raincoat/umbrella for inclement weather
- Hat or baseball cap to wear on walks
- Sunscreen and bug repellent
- Toiletries – make-up, shampoo, soap, toothbrush, shaving articles, hair dryer etc.
- Money or access to debit/credit card for incidentals (will be stored in the safe)
- Watch to ensure commitment to scheduled activities
- Water bottle
- Travel coffee mug
- Pool towel
You may also bring family pictures, pens, pencils, journals, stamps, recovery or religious reading material. Light reading material must be appropriate in nature and content.
You may also bring your cell phone and or laptop. Cell phone usage may not interfere with programming.
You may also bring cigarettes – Smoking is permitted in designated areas only on property.
What Not to Bring
- Tobacco chew, cigars or pipes
- Aerosol cans
- Electronic gear –TVs, video games, or cameras
- Pillows or comforters (unless required)
- Food, candy or beverages
- Sexual paraphernalia
- Weapons of any kind – including pocket knives
- Large sums of money, expensive jewelry, or valuable personal items