The Primary Counsellor provides for the assessment and case management of residents with addiction and co-occurring disorders.
They provide all the basic therapeutic services required by residents during their treatment experience. The Primary Counsellor acts as a catalyst in the therapeutic process. A professional demeanor and the ability to communicate effectively with residents, family members, referents, and co-workers are required. The ability to maintain confidentiality of information is essential.
Experience / Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree Preferred. EXPERIENCE: Masters Degree in Human Services (counselling, social work, nursing) with a minimum 3 years clinical experience dealing with addiction/mental health, or Bachelors Degree in Human Services with 5 years clinical experience. Training in a related health field preferred. If individual only has a Bachelor’s Degree, then a CAC or ICADC is required
- Experience in the area of facilitating group therapy required.
- Knowledgeable in young adult or adult developmental issues for their respective resident populations.
- There is no history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of three years before employment as a Primary Counsellor and does not display evidence of misuse of alcohol or drugs while employed as a Primary Counsellor.
- Must have the ability to be objective and empathetic while addressing the individual needs of the respective patients, referral sources and family members.
- Must be thoroughly familiar and able to demonstrate knowledge of the principles and programs of the various recovery fellowships.
- Must possess the skills to adequately supervise respective populations and be able to observe behaviors consistent with recovery principles
- Must be able to present educational lectures related to addiction.
- Must have the ability to provide leadership under stressful or crisis situations. Ability to problem-solve and to meet deadlines and establish and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must demonstrate ethical behavior and sound judgment that supports the GreeneStone standards of care.
- Must maintain certifications and licensure as appropriate
To apply for this position please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.