Are you interested in joining a dynamic and experienced team that is committed to helping those suffering from addiction? Are you the type of person that always sees the positive side of things and strives to be the best you can be? Are you always thinking of ways to improve situations or help others? If so, please join our team as a:
Clinical Associate, GreeneStone Muskoka, Bala, Ontario
1 Permanent Part-Time and Full-Time
GreeneStone provides excellence in trauma-informed residential addiction treatment, putting what’s best for the client’s recovery first, every time. We pride ourselves on creating a positive work and treatment environment where our team and our clients work together to achieve best possible recovery outcomes. Located in scenic Muskoka, the GreeneStone facility provides an intimate, tranquil and ideal setting for our clients to heal, recover and grow. By focusing on a personalized, holistic, high-quality and service-oriented recovery experience, GreeneStone prides itself on delivering excellent client outcomes.
The Clinical Associate (CA) provides support to clients to ensure consistency and safety for the residents while on the site including grounds, recreational areas as well as for off-site appointments, recovery meetings and events. The CA actively participates in program meetings, clinical meetings and ad hoc work groups, as needed, in support of the program goals. The CA maintains ongoing communications with clinical staff regarding client issues and maintains appropriate records. This position works 12 hour, rotating shifts.
- Ensures client attendance at required groups, recreational activities and meetings.
- Monitors and assists clients and visitors during regular visiting times
- Provides support to clients in key areas identified by the treatment team ( i.e. problem solving, coping skills and interpersonal interactions)
- May prepare and present educational lectures regarding recovery principles, chemical dependency and mental illness issues
Ideal Attributes and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education with Social Science degree and/or further addiction specific training or certifications would be preferred.
- Experience in a healthcare environment or in residential addiction treatment preferred.
- Must possess a current valid unrestricted driver’s license. The ability to drive a 15 passenger vehicle would be considered an asset.
- Basic computer skills, beginner to intermediate experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook, experience with or willingness to learn to use an electronic medical record (EMR)
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume in confidence, quoting file number in the subject line: GRNS001 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GreeneStone Muskoka remains an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for all applicants upon request at any stage of the selection process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.