Fitness & Recreation at Greenestone Muskoka
Greenestone’s holistic approach to drug and substance abuse treatment includes caring for the mind as well as the body. The mind-body connection is very important and cannot be ignored when treating addictions and drug or alcohol abuse. Exercise and time for reflection and introspection is just as important as counseling and group therapy for addiction recovery. To help our residents advance in their treatment and promote physical health and well-being, we offer several different recreational amenities, programs, and options.
GreeneStone’s recreational facilities include: an indoor pool, an outdoor pool, a workout room, volleyball and tennis courts, yoga studio, and massage therapy. We offer personal training for all residents, giving each resident a customized training plan to get them started and keep them progressing toward their health goals. Massage therapy is offered to residents on a weekly basis.
Recreational facilities are open to all residents and we actively encourage residents to take advantage of these on-site amenities during their free time.
43 Acres To Explore
In addition to the fitness amenities, many residents take advantage of our 43 acres of peaceful grounds and trails to walk or jog outdoors. Residents who have a fishing license can fish off the dock in our private lake or just enjoy the serene environment during meditation or reflection. Embracing nature and being outdoors is refreshing and grounding and helps many of our residents advance in their treatment.
Establishing New Habits For Lifelong Health
Activity and exercise are a core component of overall good health and play an important role in addiction recovery. By making programs and amenities available to residents, we hope to spark an interest in exercise, fitness, and improved health that they will carry with them long after they leave our facility. Exercise and routines can help residents establish new interests and healthier outlets for stress and emotions.
In addition, exercise during treatment provides residents with:
- Keeping busy and active is the best way to fight the challenge of addiction and drug or alcohol abuse.
- A sense of accomplishment. Every time a resident engages in exercise or activity, they are choosing a healthy outlet for themselves. This can create a sense of accomplishment and pride that was missing before, providing encouragement to keep exercising and working toward recovery goals.
- A natural high. The feel good hormones, endorphins, are released with exercise giving participants a natural high, helping them feel positive and reducing stress.
- Enhanced self-esteem. Regular exercise improves our health, our looks, and how we feel resulting in improved self-esteem. Higher levels of self-esteem are associated with lower use of drugs and alcohol and can help prevent relapse.
GreeneStone’s Fitness Amenities
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Indoor Saline Pool
- Outdoor Heated Pool During Summer
- Weight & Cardio Rooms
- Yoga Studio
Contact GreeneStone Muskoka For More Information
Contact GreeneStone Muskoka to learn more about how exercise and recreation fit into our residential drug and alcohol treatment programming. Call GreeneStone at 1-844-955-5501 or inquire about our programs in Ontario online.