Nurse Practitioner, GreeneStone Muskoka
(Fee for service/Contractor OR part-time employee)
Are you interested in joining a dynamic and experienced team that is committed to helping those suffering from addiction? Are you a Nurse Practitioner looking to provide medical care within a residential treatment setting?
The Nurse Practitioner will work collaboratively as part of our health team professionals in an interdisciplinary model and under the supervision of the physician to meet the unique needs of patients requiring nursing consultation. By utilizing theoretical and clinical expertise, the Nurse Practitioner delivers advanced practice nursing to patients and families with complex situations within GreeneStone Muskoka. The Nurse Practitioner will conduct medical evaluations including ordering testing, patient examinations and will develop patient treatment plans. The position will report to the Executive Director for day to day matters and will be accountable to the Medical Director for practice-related matters.
GreeneStone provides excellence in trauma-informed residential addiction treatment, putting what’s best for the client’s recovery first, every time. We pride ourselves on creating a positive work and treatment environment where our team and our clients work together to achieve best possible recovery outcomes. Located in scenic Muskoka, the GreeneStone facility has 36 private rooms, providing an intimate, tranquil and ideal setting for our clients to heal, recover and grow. By focusing on a personalized, holistic, high-quality and service-oriented recovery experience, GreeneStone prides itself on delivering excellent client outcomes.
Ideal Attributes and Qualifications
- 3 + years nursing experience, with mental health and addiction expertise preferred.
- Current registration in the Extended Class (Nurse Practitioner) with the College of Nurses of Ontario is required.
- Active membership in related professional associations required, e.g. NPAO, RNAO.
- Mental Health Nursing certificate preferred.
- Masters of Nursing preferred.
- Innovative, creative and professional role model.
- Possess excellent assessment and clinical skills.
- Ability to prioritize/organize multiple demands.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Working knowledge of Mental Health Act and community mental health resources.
- Highly skilled in assessment and treatment of psychiatric disorders, including PTSD, mood and anxiety disorders, psychotic disorders, delirium, depression, suicide prevention, and the management of aggressive behavior.
The Nurse Practitioner could be retained on a fee for service contract or be a part-time employee.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume quoting the job title in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
GreeneStone Muskoka remains an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for all applicants upon request at any stage of the selection process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.