GreeneStone Centre for Recovery provides excellence in trauma-informed residential addiction treatment, by putting what’s best for the client’s recovery first. We pride ourselves on creating a positive work and treatment environment where our team partners with our clients to achieve the best possible recovery outcomes. Located in scenic Muskoka, the Centre provides a nurturing, tranquil environment that promotes healing and long-term sustained recovery. GreeneStone prides itself on delivering excellent client outcomes by offering a client-focused, bespoke, holistic program.
Are you interested in joining a dynamic and experienced team that is committed to helping those recover from addiction? Are you the type of person that always sees the positive side of things and strives to be the best you can be? Are you always thinking of ways to improve situations or help others? If so, please join our team as a Registered Nurse.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Nurse (RPN or RN) provides for the assessment and nursing management of patients with addiction and co-occurring disorders. You will oversee patient care during detox and will provide nursing care as needed to residents during their stay. A professional demeanor and the ability to communicate effectively with patients, family members, referents, and co-workers is required.
- Responsible for nursing assessment to be completed within the first 12 hours of the patient’s admission– a clinical function to determine
placement in a level of treatment based on admission criteria
- Assure patients are capable of participation in program and assure patients have the knowledge and services needed to improve health.
- Health status of new admits is assessed by means of a structured interview and review of previous medical records
- Treatment planning is begun for immediate problems within 24 hours of admittance. Confidentiality forms, releases etc., are signed by client
- The program physician/NP is notified of the admission and admission orders are taken, and medications are handled per program procedures
- Maintaining an adequate accounting of all medications received and dispensed
- Evaluate emergency situations and initiates appropriate nursing interventions
- Initiates and monitors, administration of medications and other nursing procedures as ordered by physicians as ordered by physician or associate practitioner
- Assists the physician with Buprinorphine induction and monitors the resident’s response during and after the protocol
- Progress notes are timely and reflect status of problems and effectiveness of interventions.
- Detox medication is monitored and dispensed according to detox protocols. Other medications dispensed as ordered by physician or physician extender.
- Patients aftercare health needs are assessed prior to discharge. Recommendations and instructions are included in the aftercare plan and the discharge summary.
- Actively participates in program meetings, clinical meetings, supervision and ad hoc work groups as needed, in an effort to carry out the mission of the program.
- Provides supervision, consistency and safety for the patients. Uses effective behavior management skills to de-escalate crisis situations and minimize harm to patients and other staff.
- Maintain communications/contact with all clinical staff regarding patient issues, through exchanges of information, as appropriate via verbal, written and electronic communication.
Ideal Attributes and Qualifications:
- Must be able to work both night and day shifts (12 hour shifts)
- Valid CNO license required
- Phlebotomy skills recommended
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work rotating shifts if required
- Ability to work with male and female patients
- Experience with the treatment of addiction is preferred
- CPR certificate required
- Ability to provide leadership under stressful or crisis situations. Ability to problem-solve and to meet deadlines and establish and prioritize multiple tasks
- Successful candidates will be required to submit a valid proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within the first 6 weeks of employment.
If you are interested in this role please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject line.
GreeneStone Centre for Recovery is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for all applicants upon request at any stage of the selection process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.