We understand that transportation to our facility may be difficult for some individuals. In order to make this process easier for you or a loved one, GreeneStone can arrange for transportation assistance in the form of a sober companion. Sober companions provide one-on-one care and support for the client throughout the transportation process. Learn more about our sober companion services here.
For others seeking travel information, GreeneStone’s address will be provided upon completion of your intake assessment. Please reach out to our intake team with any additional questions regarding travel arrangements.
What to bring to Treatment
- Photo ID: Driver’s License, Passport, Work/School ID
- Health Card & Benefits Card
- Prescribed medication, over the counter medication, or supplements in original containers. All medications, including vitamins, will be kept with nursing and dispensed as directed/needed.
- A list of all medications with dosages and frequencies – preferably printed by the pharmacy.
Clothing for 1-2 weeks (laundry available on-site)
- Seasonally appropriate outerwear and footwear
- Shirts are ALWAYS required unless in the pool area during permitted swim-times
- Swimsuits, to be worn in pool area ONLY, must be one-piece and provide maximum coverage
- Appropriate footwear (sneakers) is required at all times except in the pool area and yoga roomExercise attire:
- Prohibited attire includes:
- Clothing with graphics or images containing alcohol, drugs, drug paraphernalia, sex, firearms, or gang-related emblems
- Visible undergarments, including sheer/net/mesh clothing
- Sleepwear is not permitted outside of client’s personal room
- Clothing that shows midriff, buttocks, or mid-chest areas; should cover from shoulders to waistband
- Bikinis/thong swimsuits or speedos
- Sunglasses, hats, and hoods are not to be worn indoors. Any head-wear must have a necessary function and be approved in advance
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Soap/body wash
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal grooming tools and small appliances (comb, shaver, hair dryer, etc.)
- Sunscreen and insect repellent (depending on the season)
- ALL BOTTLES must be new and have the manufacturers seal intact
- Supplies for journal/letter writing
- Favourite hobbies
- Arts/craft materials
- Musical Instruments
- Small sporting equipment
- Recovery and spiritual reading materials
- Sentimental items
- Upon arrival, residents will check in to the stabilization unit where all technology will be collected (cell phones, laptops/tablets) to be stored securely. Technology will be returned upon discharge from stabilization to be utilized in a healthy and respectful manner.
- Tobacco products
- Smoking/vaping is permitted only in designated areas. Nicotine replacement therapies are available upon request from the nursing station. *Chewing tobacco is not permitted on property.*
- Cash or debit/credit cards for personal items, as needed. All rooms are locked, but these can be placed in a safe if needed.
- Any alcohol, drugs, or chemical not prescribed by a doctor
- Clothing and accessories with drug, alcohol, or gambling advertisements
- Aerosol cans
- Highly scented products including toiletries and perfume/cologne – GreeneStone has developed a scent-free policy. Highly scented products including hair spray, perfume, and deodorant can trigger reactions such as respiratory distress and headaches. Clients and staff are asked to refrain from using these products while on GreeneStone property. All products must be alcohol free.
- Fireworks, crackers, sparklers, and any other item resembling a firework
- TV’s and videos games
- Sexual paraphernalia
- Weapons of any kind – including pocketknives
- Large sums of money, expensive jewelry or valuable personal items
- Advil/Tylenol (supplied by nursing when needed)
- Chewing tobacco
We thank you for your co-operation in keeping Greenestone a safe and inviting environment for all of our clients and staff. If you have any concerns regarding this list, please call to speak with our Intake department at 1.844.955.5501.