All GreeneStone clients are offered our Aftercare Program to help maintain the momentum they’ve gained while in treatment. Because every individual has unique needs, Aftercare therapy sessions are customized to support each individual’s ongoing progress and goals.
- A program tailored to each client’s specific needs and background.
- Four sessions with GreeneStone’s Aftercare Therapist,*
- Four sessions with a local therapist of the clients choosing.
- If a local therapist is preferred, a teleconference meeting between the client, GreeneStone and the therapist will be arranged to discuss the client’s progress in treatment and their goals moving forward.
- Continued access to our specialized therapeutic groups.
*These sessions are offered on-site as well as via Skype, Zoom or teleconference.
Sober Companion Services
Another practical aftercare option we provide to clients finishing up our treatment program is access to sober companion services.
Leaving treatment is an exciting and sometimes unnerving process. Applying new habits and a solid foundation for recovery to everyday life can be intimidating. A sober companion’s mission is to assist an individual in developing a new sober lifestyle and routine. They are live-in support and provide one-on-one care to help clients move through difficulties as they arise. They help bridge the gap between leaving treatment and reintegration back into the individual’s home life.
Companions are available to provide the following services:
- Support during the transportation process (to and from treatment or to the next phase of treatment)
- Counseling and coaching as needed
- Transportation to-and-from meetings, appointments and daily activities
- Assisting clients to find their own 12-step communities
- Support with goal setting, commitment, follow-through and setting boundaries
The ultimate goal of a companion is to assist their client’s in developing and maintaining a healthy routine to ensure long-term recovery success.
GreeneStone has a team of successful sober companions and coaches for our clients to choose from. Geographic location, gender, and compatibility are all considered when our clinical team makes a pairing recommendation. Our Aftercare Therapist and Case Manager will continue to oversee the process, track insights and progress.
Life After Overcoming an Addiction
What comes after addiction? After leaving the structure and routine of our alcohol and drug treatment centre, our clients face life without the safety net of ever-present support. As treatment ends, real life begins, and you need to make your own decisions, remember your triggers and temptations and test your resolve each day.
When you leave GreeneStone, you won’t be alone. Through our Aftercare Program, you’ll have help and support in the days to come as you maintain your recovery. Aftercare is not an afterthought or an add-on to Primary Treatment. Instead, it’s one of the most critical stages of the recovery process. It allows you to solidify the relapse prevention strategies and coping skills you’ve developed throughout your time at GreeneStone.
GreeneStone’s Aftercare Program
Many clients believe that aftercare begins once treatment is complete. In reality, the foundation for this phase is built as you proceed through medical detox treatment. Our team works with you to develop the tools and skills you’ll need to be successful long-term. We then ensure you have access to ongoing support after you complete treatment.
Our Aftercare Program is personalized to the needs and background of each individual we serve. Your program will include a variety of features that will continue the guidance and support you received during your time at GreeneStone.
The Benefits of GreeneStone’s Aftercare Program in Addiction Recovery
Although aftercare is an optional feature of our comprehensive addiction treatment services, it can make all the difference to your goal of long-term recovery. Our primary program ends after 30 to 90 days, but the longer you pursue professional support, the better off you will be. Your time at GreeneStone is only the initial phase of your recovery journey. Participating in our Aftercare Program strengthens your commitment to ongoing healing and bolsters your confidence.
Here are just a few benefits of GreeneStone’s continuing care:
- Reduces the risk of relapse through proper maintenance and treatment
- Starts your at-home recovery journey on the right track
- Strengthens your commitment to lifelong recovery
- Provides accountability with regular therapy sessions
- Continues your mental and emotional healing from addiction
Learn About Our Aftercare Addiction Programs in Canada
After your treatment at GreeneStone is complete, please know that you will not have to walk the path of recovery alone. Our Aftercare Program can help keep you safe from relapse and strengthen your commitment to a substance-free life. If you would like more information, contact us today.