GreeneStone Centre for Recovery provides excellence in trauma-informed residential addiction treatment, by putting what’s best for the client’s recovery first. We pride ourselves on creating a positive work and treatment environment where our team partners with our clients to achieve the best possible recovery outcomes. Located in scenic Muskoka, the Centre provides a nurturing, tranquil environment that promotes healing and long-term sustained recovery. GreeneStone prides itself on delivering excellent client outcomes by offering a client-focused, bespoke, holistic program.
Are you interested in joining a dynamic and experienced team that is committed to helping those recover from addiction? Are you the type of person that always sees the positive side of things and strives to be the best you can be? Are you always thinking of ways to improve situations or help others? If so, please join our team as a Primary Therapist.
About the Position:
The Primary Therapist will provide support to clients and their families throughout on-site treatment and will assist with resources needed for aftercare. The Primary Therapist will provide group therapy and individual counselling sessions as they conduct the clinical process through which clients address their treatment goals. Working within a team environment you will actively participate in program and clinical meetings and will maintain medical records. Upon discharge you will assist our Aftercare Coordinator in finding professionals in the client’s community to provide ongoing care and support.
- Provides group therapy and individual counselling – conducting the clinical process through which clients address treatment goals, as stated on their treatment plans via an interactive process with therapist and other patients.
- Communicates on a regular basis with referents and other members of the clients’s recovery team.
- Prepares and presents educational lectures regarding recovery skills, chemical dependency and mental health disorders.
Ideal Attributes and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Human Services (counselling, social work) or MSW or Registered Psychotherapist (RP)
- Minimum 3 years clinical experience dealing with addiction/mental health
- Experience in residential treatment would be ideal
- CAC or ICADC would be considered an asset
- Experience in the area of facilitating group therapy required.
If you are interested in this role please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject line.
GreeneStone Centre for Recovery is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for all applicants upon request at any stage of the selection process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.