Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Pay Rate: $25-$30/hour
Reference No: GNS061
Come join our growing organization as a part of a high performing CARE team who are committed to changing the lives of people suffering from addiction!
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT CATC:
- AS A MULTIDISCIPLINARY HEALTHCARE TEAM – TOGETHER, WE CARE:
Compassionate | Accessible | Respectful | Experts in Addiction Medicine
- Wellness – Benefits including a Healthcare Spending Account, Employment Assistance Program, Discounted GoodLife Fitness memberships, Paid time off for vacation, illness, bereavement and mental health.
- Career Development – Professional Development, Lunch & Learn Sessions and Access to 100+ courses within the Company’s Learning Management System.
- Preparation for the Future – Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Recognition – Service Recognition Program
- Professional Designation Dues/Fees and Liability Insurance
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Therapist provides for the assessment and case management of residents with addiction and co-occurring disorders. They provide all the basic therapeutic services required by residents during their treatment experience. The Therapist acts as a catalyst in the therapeutic process. A professional demeanor and the ability to communicate effectively with residents, family members, referents, and co-workers are required. The ability to maintain confidentiality of information is essential.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assessment activities (bio-psychosocial interview/initial case consultation / integrated summary) – a clinical function to determine eligibility for and placement in a level of treatment based on admission criteria. The writing and summation of findings from therapy and other disciplines with diagnostic impressions in the electronic medical record (FYI DB).
- Group therapy and individual counselling – conducting the clinical process through which residents address treatment goals, as stated on their treatment plans via an interactive process with therapist and other patients.
- Family sessions – collecting information on the chemically dependent patient, assessing family dynamics, recommending the family education program and possible ongoing family therapy. This also includes being an integral part of individual family therapy as needed.
- Continuing care assessment and planning – assess unresolved and deferred priorities on treatment plan and assist the aftercare specialist in finding professionals in resident’s community to provide appropriate ongoing care.
- Actively participates in program meetings, clinical meetings, supervision and ad hoc work groups as needed, in an effort to carry out the mission of the program.
- Communicates on a regular basis with referents and other members of the resident’s recovery team.
- Provides supervision, consistency and safety for the residents. Uses effective behavior management skills to de-escalate crisis situations and minimize harm to residents and other staff.
- Maintain communications/contact with all clinical staff regarding resident issues, through exchanges of information, as appropriate via verbal, written and electronic communication.
- Prepares and presents educational lectures regarding recovery principles, chemical dependency and mental illness issues
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree preferred (in Human Services (counselling, social work, nursing,.
- A minimum 3 years clinical experience dealing with addiction/mental health.
- If individual only has a Bachelor’s Degree, then a CAC or ICADC is required.
- Experience in the area of facilitating group therapy required.
- Knowledgeable in young adult or adult developmental issues for their respective resident populations.
- No history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of three years before employment as a Primary Counsellor and does not display evidence of misuse of alcohol or drugs while employed as a Primary Counsellor.
- Must have the ability to be objective and empathetic while addressing the individual needs of the respective patients, referral sources and family members.
- Must be thoroughly familiar and able to demonstrate knowledge of the principles and programs of the various recovery fellowships.
- Must possess the skills to adequately supervise respective populations and be able to observe behaviors consistent with recovery principles
- Must be able to present educational lectures related to addiction.
- Must have the ability to provide leadership under stressful or crisis situations. Ability to problem-solve and to meet deadlines and establish and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must demonstrate ethical behavior and sound judgment that supports the GreeneStone standards of care.
- Must maintain certifications and licensure as appropriate
- Basic computer skills, beginner to intermediate experience with Microsoft Products and Outlook, experience with or willingness to learn to use an electronic medical record (FYI DB).
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS)
- Exposure Therapy (interception/live)/ Prolonged Exposure Counterconditioning
- knowledge of bottom-up/top-down processing and techniques
- knowledge of measuring subjective units of distress (SUDs) with clients
- Recovery-Orientated Therapy (CT-R)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At the Canadian Addiction Treatment Centres, we strive to be leaders in the industry by creating access to best-in-class treatment to the communities that we serve. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals living with the devastating effects of drug addiction. We focus on the quality of care and patient experience while providing an encouraging, compassionate and judgement-free environment. We apply a multidisciplinary, evidence-based approach and strive to provide quality of care and patient experience, while providing an encouraging, compassionate and judgement-free care environment. Each of our clinics offers integrated medical and pharmacy services specifically designed to engage patients in a manner that promotes the development of a strong therapeutic relationship between the patient and his/her CARE team.
Please visit www.canatc.ca for more information!
Canadian Addiction Treatment Centres remains an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for all applicants upon request at any stage of the selection process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in this role please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject line.