Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Hours of Work : 40 hours/week
Reference No: GNS067
Come join our growing organization as a part of a high performing CARE team who are committed to changing the lives of people suffering from addiction!
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT CATC:
AS A MULTIDISCIPLINARY HEALTHCARE TEAM – TOGETHER, WE CARE:
Compassionate | Accessible | Respectful | Experts in Addiction Medicine
- Wellness – Benefits including Health, Dental and Paramedical coverage, Employment Assistance Program, Discounted GoodLife Fitness memberships, Paid time off for vacation, illness, bereavement and mental health.
- Career Development – Professional Development, Lunch & Learn Sessions and Access to 100+ courses within the Company’s Learning Management System.
- Preparation for the Future – Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Recognition – Service Recognition Program and “Kudos” directly from the C.E.O.
- Professional Designation Dues/Fees and Liability Insurance
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Nursing Support provides care that meets the supportive, physical, and mental needs of a client. The ideal candidate will provide support to the nurse on duty, including but not limited to: able to take vitals, de-escalate situations, light housekeeping, filing, and general support to clients.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide emotional support and encouragement to clients and families in coping with daily demands and at stressful times
- Be respectful of the client’s situation and family
- Provide personal care that may include but is not limited to: bathing, grooming, skin care, dressing, toileting, lifts/transfers, mobility assistance, assisting clients at meal time, and other duties in accordance with individualized client care plans
- Prepare nutritious meals that accommodate specific dietary needs for clients
- Assist with housekeeping including but are not limited to: laundry, making the bed, vacuuming, wiping kitchen surfaces, dusting furniture
- Work under the supervision of a Registered Healthcare Professional such as a Registered Nurse (RN) or a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
- Reporting behavioural or clinical changes
- Change non-sterile dressings and give oral medications as instructed by your home care agency or supervisor.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor that fit the needs of the client.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Minimum of 1-year experience as a Support Worker or similar field
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and treat clients with dignity and respect
- Ability to stand, bend, walk, crouch, kneel and reach freely and for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift or move 25 pounds independently; ability to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting; able to reposition clients in bed
- Provision of a recent and acceptable Criminal Reference Check.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification is required.
- Strong commitment to working with individuals living with addiction and mental health.
- Personal Support Worker Certification from an approved post-secondary educational institution OR currently enrolled in or completed a nursing program is an asset
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At the Canadian Addiction Treatment Centres, we strive to be leaders in the industry by creating access to best-in-class treatment to the communities that we serve. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals living with the devastating effects of drug addiction. We apply a multidisciplinary, evidence-based approach and strive to provide quality of care and patient experience, while providing an encouraging, compassionate and judgement-free care environment. Each of our clinics offers integrated medical and pharmacy services specifically designed to engage patients in a manner that promotes the development of a strong therapeutic relationship between the patient and his/her CARE team.
Please visit www.canatc.ca for more information!
Canadian Addiction Treatment Centres remains an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for all applicants upon request at any stage of the selection process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in this role please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject line.