GreeneStone offers a Second Stage program for clients who have completed Primary Treatment but are not yet ready to transition back to their home environment.
- Medication management with nursing staff
- Recovery coaching
- Recovery planning
- Aftercare therapy
- On-site recovery meetings
- Specialized therapeutic groups (military group, gender group, elder circle)
- Breathalyzer and urine testing
- Weekly recovery group
- Yoga & Fitness Center Access
- Volunteer or employment opportunities within the Muskoka area – navigated with Clinical Associate or Aftercare Therapist
- Three meals/day
- Weekly linen change
The goal of Second Stage Treatment is to provide further help and support, while moving our clients forward with both their recovery and life goals. We aim to help our clients discover their passions, find job opportunities and adopt a sustainable plan of post-treatment action.
What Is Two-Stage Addiction Recovery?
At GreeneStone, we are committed to helping you progress through each stage of recovery. For most clients, this journey begins with Primary Treatment. This program helps you break free from addictive behaviors and create healthy, sustainable habits as you find success and freedom in long-term recovery. Most clients are amazed at the profound changes they experience in body, mind and spirit. Yet, this transformation can be fragile, especially in the early stages of recovery.
Second Stage Treatment continues to stabilize the foundation built in Primary Treatment, making substance-free living even more attainable.
The Benefits of GreeneStone’s Two-Stage Addiction Recovery Model
Our Second Stage program serves as a sanctuary for clients who need more time to heal. While some clients only require Primary Treatment, adding this second step to your addiction treatment plan offers many benefits:
- Continued healing: Long-term substance misuse can alter the brain and body’s normal functioning. What’s more, it often causes psychological trauma. Extended treatment gives you more time to heal physically and emotionally.
- Relapse prevention: Some clients are not ready to face the harmful influences of the outside world. In fact, most addiction experts agree that good outcomes are more attainable the longer someone stays in treatment. With our two-stage recovery model, there is no rush to return to normal life or put your recovery at risk.
- Structured living: After months or even years of living with the chaos of addiction, our Second Stage program reteaches structure and routine.
- Continued support: Clients build bonds with one another and with the GreeneStone team, regaining vital socialization skills and creating a lasting support network.
Learn More About Our Two-Step Addiction Treatment Programs
Once your addiction treatment program comes to an end, you should feel secure about your ability to cope with everyday life. At GreeneStone, we want to make sure your recovery has a stable foundation. If you would like to learn how we couple our Primary Treatment with Second Stage Treatment, please contact us today.