If you struggle with addiction, it could deeply affect your mental health. Finding an Ontario mental health facility to provide the care and tools you need is an integral part of helping you move forward. However, to choose the right treatment facility, you’ll want to consider a few essential points.
Consider Private vs. Public Mental Health Facilities
While Canadians have access to universal health care and public insurance, private insurance is the only thing that will cover rehabilitation services, including addiction and mental health services. If your insurance provider doesn’t deem treatment of your condition as “medically necessary,” you can be denied access to public mental health facilities. This makes it challenging for people to receive treatment, even with the best of insurance plans.
Many private mental health facilities rely on personal payments for their treatments, though more insurance companies are covering the cost of private facilities. If you pay for treatment yourself, you can sidestep the restrictions of your insurance provider and seek out treatment on your own. You could also pay for your treatment upfront and submit documentation to your insurance company for reimbursement.
With a private facility, you’ll have complete control over your treatment, which comes with various benefits, including:
- Ability to pick your treatment centre: Different treatment facilities offer different levels of care. Insurance companies often restrict your options, but when you choose a private facility, you can pick one with treatments and personalized programs best suited to your conditions and needs.
- Ability to decide when to start treatment: Some insurance companies can take their time to approve referrals to a public mental health facility. You don’t have to wait for insurance approval when working with a private mental health facility. You can seek treatment as soon as you need it, and early intervention can facilitate a successful and easy recovery.
- Ability to personalize your treatment: Insurance companies often limit the amount of time you’re permitted treatment with their coverage. Public inpatient care may be limited to a certain number of days, even if you need treatment for a longer duration. When you choose a private mental health facility, your treatment plan is curated to your needs, so you can stay at a treatment centre as long as it takes to facilitate a successful recovery.
Find a Mental Health Facility Offering Multiple Service Options
One treatment facility will offer different levels of care than the next. Analyze your concerns and struggles and consider what kind of services would be most helpful. Some of the options you’ll want to consider include:
- Your condition’s severity: If the addiction and mental health struggles you face are extremely complex or severe, you may need a few different care providers, such as both a psychiatrist and a social worker. Look for a facility that can offer all the expertise you need.
- Your concerns: Do you need a medical detox to take a step toward addiction recovery? Or maybe you require counseling services to help with a challenging family situation. When you identify what you’re struggling with most, you can find a facility with services that directly address your needs.
- Your preferences for treatment: As you choose a mental health facility, consider whether you’re looking for a 12-step program, an inpatient treatment centre or another specific service.
Look for Individualized Treatment Plan Options
Your unique needs require personalized care, so find a private addiction treatment centre in Ontario that offers individualized treatment plans. When you work with a facility that offers personalized treatment, you can consult with expert providers and create a unique plan that handles each issue you may face individually.
When you choose services with an individual treatment plan, you can take ownership of your treatment and ensure it’s the right option for you. If you have a dual diagnosis or specific treatment needs and preferences, you and the facility can take those factors into account to create the plan that works best according to your individual situation.
Select a Facility That Provides Ongoing Care and Community
After the first stages of your program or treatment, you need to know that there are people you can rely on for help and support in the future. Recovery is often a lifelong process and requires aftercare once your treatment or program has come to a close. Treatment of mental health conditions equips you with the tools you need to manage your symptoms and stressors in life. A lack of aftercare makes it more challenging for clients to apply these skills once treatment has ended.
The importance of aftercare in recovery comes through creating support programs, building healthy coping mechanisms and preventing relapse to maintain the momentum you gained from your treatment. An aftercare program will begin before your treatment ends and consists of a personalized plan suited to your individual needs.
For some people, this means continuing therapy or group counseling to talk through challenges and hold yourself accountable. For others, it’s about learning the necessary skills and developing a robust support network to strengthen your commitment to a successful recovery.
To choose the right mental health facility in Ontario, look for one that provides continuing care with individual or group therapy, follow-up help and ongoing support to ensure you never feel alone on your journey toward recovery.
Trust GreeneStone to Help You Move Forward
At GreeneStone, we offer compassionate care for individuals struggling with addiction and mental health issues. As a private treatment facility in Ontario, we provide inpatient treatment for those dealing with the following substance addictions:
- Crystal meth
- Prescription drugs
When you come to GreeneStone, we’ll create a customized holistic treatment plan for you and ensure you get the quality care you need. Whatever conditions you’re dealing with and preferences for care you may have, we’re committed to helping you reach your recovery goals.
There is hope for recovery. For information on how we can help you move forward, contact us online or call us at 1-844-955-5501 to discuss treatment plans and options.